Under the direction of the Director of Finance/Controller, the Staff Accountant will assist in various financial responsibilities to support all departments with their financial needs. Ownership of Accounts Receivable, financial reporting and month end close process will be the priority in this role.
- General ledger account knowledge, financial analysis, month-end close and reconciliation experience.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong computer skills, esp. Excel. Familiarity with Intuitive ERP a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 3 years hands-on operational experience.
- Team player willing to assist the team in additional areas when required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate invoices and account statements.
- Investigate and resolve any irregularities or enquiries.
- Maintain AR files and records.
- Prepare, post, verify and record customer payments and transactions.
- Collect and allocate payments.
- Review AR aging
- Oversee daily bank deposits.
- Oversee posting of payments into ERP system including checks, wires, and credit card payments.
- Assist in the month-end close process including review of monthly activities in assigned G/L accounts, preparation of journal entries and G/L account reconciliations.
- Bank reconciliations and maintenance.
- Assist the annual audit, including the preparation of audit schedules.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.