This is an exciting position with a growing company that will have primary responsibility for leveraging data to provide business insights to drive efficiency and grow the business. The role requires understanding the business in enough depth to identify opportunities to leverage data and the ability to identify and execute the best analytic techniques to deliver business value. This position requires a high level of interface with various levels of Sales, Marketing, Finance and Operations departments. The ideal candidate will have experience in the consumer products and e-commerce industries. Experience with a direct sales force is a strong plus.
The position is also responsible for a growing array of data infrastructure: MySQL data warehouse; Looker reports and visualizations; Python ETL pipelines to/from Intuitive ERP, Salesforce, e-commerce store, marketing data sources, fulfillment warehouse, etc; underlying Linux cloud server and more. This role requires a dedication to both ongoing break-fix-improve and larger new-build projects.
The ideal candidate will be highly independent and motivated by rapidly leveraging data to grow the business and their role within the business. This includes a passion for data quality and empowering self-service users.
- Gather, interpret, analyze, and present sales and marketing data to aid management in assessing strategic revenue growth opportunities, ROI, account retention, team performance, etc.
- Conduct data exploration and creation of dashboards to deliver insights to field sales team.
- Analyze digital marketing (e-mail, display advertising, Facebook, etc.) and website visitor data (Google Analytics) data to optimize customer acquisition and website development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must. Candidate will need to be proactive in supporting the sales, marketing and finance teams with their insights.
Data Management & Technical Ownership
- Establish data analytic models utilizing Python.
- Understanding of MySQL data warehouse – schema, database administration, scheduled events, deadlock mitigation, etc.
- Define data and work flows for new reporting capabilities through thought partnership, training, and analytical support.
- Update/Maintain Python Data Integration-based data pipelines between data sources (ERP, CRM, website, Facebook, marketing vendors, etc.) to provide access to data via reports, Looker analytics, and other tools.
- 2+ years of experience in a hands-on, technical role working with databases, data warehouses, and data pipelines.
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities to leverage data in a business context.
- Ability to communicate across many levels of management.
- At least mid-level experience with SQL and Python.
- Strong Excel knowledge and experience.
- Experience with BI tools (Looker, Tableau, Cognos, etc.) a plus.
This role reports to the Director of Accounting and Operations Systems.