Director of Marketing
Colorescience is seeking a Director of Marketing at our Carlsbad corporate headquarters. We’re a growing brand with big ambitions, and the Director of Marketing should be comfortable driving world-class marketing in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. The ideal candidate is a blend of right brain and left brain thinking, and she’s equally comfortable laying out a strategic plan and getting hands-on in day-to-day marketing execution.
· Lead execution of all campaign and channel tactics by managing, organizing and collaborating with cross-functional teams including but not limited to Creative, Brand, Research & Development, Sales, Operations, Education and Finance.
· Acquire a deep understanding of the Colorescience consumer segments, channels of distribution and competitive landscape; and develop product and channel marketing assets that appeal to the unique needs of those segments and channels.
· Work closely with the Vice President of Sales to deliver on sales targets and drive channel growth with world-class marketing tools and programs.
· Determine market needs and generate product, marketing and creative requirements and definition for development.
· Work closely with Creative to define and produce all marketing materials to drive the business.
· Actively monitor sales and marketing results, budgets and revenue forecasts to ensure achievement of goals.
· Monitor and analyze market and competitor activity to proactively make recommendations for strategic direction.
· Bachelors degree; MBA or other advanced degree a plus
· 7–10 years of marketing experience
· Passion for the beauty industry, cosmetics and skincare in particular
· Track record of successfully managing brands and product portfolios
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Top-notch presentation skills
· Strong project management & organizational skills and a track record of managing multiple simultaneous projects and deadline prioritizations in a cross-functional marketing environment
· Entrepreneurial in nature with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Must be ‘hands-on’ and get involved with the details
For over 12 years Colorescience has been blurring the lines between makeup and skincare to bring immediate beauty today while improving and protecting skin for tomorrow. Originally crafted for the most vulnerable post-procedure skin, Colorescience is trusted, recommended, and personally used by thousands of physicians. Using only substantiated ingredients in their purest form and including them at therapeutic and dermatologist-tested levels for maximum efficacy and performance, Colorescience products have already improved millions of lives with 365-day protection from UV rays and environmental stressors. The brand’s uncompromising, health-forward approach to formulations provides confidence and reassurance to women of all ages, skin types and concerns. Colorescience is changing the way women perceive beautiful skin; because beautiful isn’t just the prettiest—it’s the healthiest.
To apply for this position, please complete the following form in its entirety and attach a resume with your submission.