Senior Staff Accountant
Under the direction of the Director of Accounting & Operations Systems, the Senior Staff Accountant will assist in various financial responsibilities to support all departments with their financial needs. Ownership of the GL, financial reporting and month end close process will be the priority in this role.
- Senior level general ledger account knowledge, financial analysis, month-end close and reconciliation experience.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong computer skills, esp. Excel. Familiarity with Intuitive ERP a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 5 years hands-on operational experience.
- Team player willing to assist the team in additional areas when required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the month-end close process including review of monthly activities in assigned G/L accounts, preparation of journal entries and G/L account reconciliations.
- Lead the annual audit, including the preparation of audit schedules.
- Assist in the maintenance of the accounting system, including A/P and A/R.
- Bank reconciliations and maintenance.
- Inventory Costing review and analysis.
- Reconcile Concur expense reporting to GL and assist employees with reporting issues.
- Management, board and audit committee reporting; updating and maintaining accounting policies, internal control policies and procedures, ad-hoc information requests and other finance projects.
- Maintain fixed asset subledger; record fixed asset acquisitions and disposals, prepare property tax returns.
- Maintain stock option register.
- Sales, franchise and property tax reporting support.
- Backup & cross trained for AP and AR processing.
- Various other finance duties as requested by management