Using Collagen Serum for Your Face: Is It Worth It?
If you've been researching the best products to add to your regime to keep you looking as young as possible, you have likely come across mentions of collagen serum as a popular solution.
But how do you know whether it’s actually worth the investment and how do you choose from a long list of options that all claim to be the best. We’re here to help.
If you’re new to the idea of using collagen to help you maintain a youthful appearance, not to fear, we’ll cover the basics to help you decide if it’s worth adding to your skin care routine. Keep reading to learn all about collagen serum for your face or use the links below.
- What Is Collagen Serum?
- Is Collagen Serum Good for Your Face?
- What Is the Best Collagen Serum?
- Can You Use Collagen Serum Every Day?
What Is Collagen Serum?
Collagen is a protein that our bodies naturally produce, but after the age of 25 or so, production of this important protein begins to diminish. When collagen production decreases, aging speeds up. However, replacing the collagen that the body requires can make the obvious signs of aging like wrinkles, fine lines and more, seem less prominent.
One way that collagen is replaced is by using a collagen serum. Collagen serum is a formula that combines ingredients that work together to promote collagen production.
It’s important to clarify that collagen serum does not contain actual collagen, but it instead encourages your skin to produce more collagen, therefore helping you to appear younger.
What Does Collagen Serum Do?
Collagen serum can benefit your skin in many different ways.
- Restored Elasticity: Collagen serum increases the skin's production of collagen which improves the elasticity of your skin. As such, it can help your skin look more plump and youthful, while helping to get rid of undereye bags and smooth out fine lines.
- Hydration: Collagen serum also hydrates the skin and keeps it adequately moisturized so that your skin isn't dry and flaky.
- Brightness: Collagen can also brighten the skin and even out the skin tone in those who experience hyperpigmentation, redness, and even irritation. Collagen serum can improve the appearance of dark spots, scars, sun spots and more.
Overall, collage serum is considered a tool in your skin care routine that can help you look more youthful based on these combined effects.
Is Collagen Serum Good for Your Face?
To reiterate, the body's natural production of collagen slows down during the mid to late 20's. While this is still young, once the production of this important protein is slowed, aging begins to accelerate.
As the aging process is accelerated, undesirable signs of aging such as age spots, fine lines, saggy skin and wrinkles eventually begin to form. A collagen serum for your face is often considered to be a must-have, because despite the fact that it can't completely reverse these visible signs of aging, a collagen booster serum can provide key benefits that help you look years younger.
Based on its potential benefits, most people who use collagen serum consider it to be very good for your face.
What Is the Best Collagen Serum?
With so many collagen serums currently on the market, choosing the best one can be a bit stressful. However, as with any other skin care solution, all the options aren’t created equal.
When choosing a collagen serum to add to your routine, here are some things to keep in mind:
Using a collage serum for your face with high quality ingredients is of the utmost importance when choosing the best collagen serum.
For many people looking through the ingredients list can feel like a chore, and might even be confusing. However, doing so can help you ensure you’re not using something that has the potential to do more harm than good. Many products claim that they're the best and can do everything, but if the ingredients don't back up their claims, then those are the products that are least likely to be effective.
Collagen serums contain ingredients that help to stimulate the production of collagen, such as hyaluronic acid, retinol, Vitamin C, and antioxidants. You also want to avoid serums that might have ingredients that are harsh and could negatively impact your skin including various chemical ingredients.
While collagen serums tend to be on the higher end of the skin care scale, they’re something you use everyday and are able to provide multiple benefits at once. This means they can be quite the high-value product.
That said, you want to find a collagen serum that is both effective and in your budget.
Choosing a well-known brand with a reputation for quality skin care, like Colorescience, means a lot. When you choose a collagen serum from a brand that you can trust, you can feel confident in your purchase. Colorescience is dedicated to providing customers with natural, high-quality skin care treatments that help them maintain healthy, youthful skin.
Beware of your sensitivities
If you have sensitive skin, then you will want to be careful, because choosing the wrong collagen serum could potentially cause a break-out on your skin, which can be very frustrating, especially when you're trying to repair your skin, not make it worse. After choosing a serum, instead of immediately applying it to your face, you should apply a small amount to your inner wrist and wait 24 hours. If there is no negative reaction, then you should be safe to proceed with using the serum on your face.
The best collagen serum for one person may not necessarily be the best for another person. Again, everyone's needs are different, so it’s important to consider your needs when selecting a collagen serum for your face.
Colorescience Collage Serum Options
Colorescience has a number of collagen serums for your face, including those that are formulated to specifically address certain concerns such as sun spots, uneven skin tone, and under eye bags. Finding a collagen serum that addresses multiple needs can help you get the most out of adding this new product to your skin care routine.
Colorescience collagen serums include:
- Pep Up® Collagen Boost: If you are starting to notice lines, wrinkles, age spots and other undesirable signs of aging on your face and neck, then Pep Up® Collagen Boost could be for you. Not only does it promote the production of collagen to help plump up your skin, so some of those lines and wrinkles can appear less prominent, but it can also diminish redness and treat other problems as well.
- Total Eye® Firm & Repair Cream: If you've noticed that the area around your eyes seems to be experiencing more acceleration of aging than other parts of your face, then this collagen serum is for you. This serum floods your eye area with extreme hydration, which makes the skin more supple, while making problems like crow's feet appear less pronounced.
- All Calm® Multi-Correction Serum: If your skin is sensitive, then this particular serum will likely benefit you most. Not only can it calm inflammation and the resulting redness, but it helps to even out the skin tone.
- Brightening Primer SPF 20 - If you have sun spots and other dark spots that are bothering you, then this serum might be a good addition to your skin care regimen. Our Brightening Primer SPF 20 can help reduce the appearance of sun spots that already exist on your face, while also helping to protect your skin from further damage from the sun.
Colorescience is proud to provide customers with the highest quality products that have been thoroughly tested. With all of these serums, you can take steps toward improving the youthfulness and appearance of your complexion.
Can You Use Collagen Serum Every Day?
If you've never used collagen serum before, you might be wondering how often you can use it on your skin. While some other more abrasive serums and skin care treatments may be limited to less frequent use, collagen can actually be used on a daily basis.
It's quite easy to add collagen face serum to your daily regimen. Some people opt to use collagen serum once a day, but if you want to potentially see quicker results, you can safely use collagen serum twice daily, if you like.
With consistent use of collagen serum, you could start to see a change in your skin in as little as one month. However, it generally takes about three months or so to see greater improvements in your complexion.
Keep Your Skin Looking Younger Longer
By about age 30 or 35, many people will notice that their skin is showing visible signs of aging since collagen production has slowed. However, by using a premium collagen serum on your face on a regular basis, you can slow down the aging process and keep your skin looking younger longer. There is no reason to accept accelerated, premature aging when products like collagen serum exist.
Don’t give up on that youthful, radiant glow just yet. With the many different choices of collagen serums that Colorescience offers, you can find a serum that suits your needs. From addressing crow’s feet with our Total Eye® Firm & Repair Cream, to reducing redness with the All Calm® Multi-Correction Serum, we have a solution that caters to you.
Shop our selection today to see the difference Colorescience collagen serum can make.