Effective Date: September 27, 2021
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our Website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, our Website has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
Category A: Identifiers: A real name, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
Category B: Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute:
A name, address, telephone number, credit card number, or debit card number. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law:
Age, self-identified gender.
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you either when you submit it to us (e.g., when you complete forms on our Website) or from observing your actions on our Website.
- From the following categories of third party sources: social networks, advertising companies, affiliates and service providers. If you do not agree to share your information with social networks, change those privacy settings within the social networks where you have entered such information.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the preceding 12 months, we may have disclosed the personal information we collected about you for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to place a product order or to ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
We may share your personal information with the following categories of third parties: Online Advertisers, such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Snapchat, etc. and loyalty program providers such as Crowdtwist or Yopto, fraud prevention systems such as Forter.
SALES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has sold personal information for the purposes of advertising Colorescience products.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
The CCPA provides California residents in certain circumstances with specific rights listed below.
RIGHT TO KNOW
You may have the right to request that we disclose what information we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including:
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information; and
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
You may only make a request for the above information twice within a 12-month period.
If we have sold your personal information or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, you may have the right to request that we disclose:
- the category or categories of consumers’ personal information that we have sold; and
- the category or categories of consumer’s personal information that we have disclosed for a business purpose.
RIGHT TO DELETE
You may have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained (and direct our service providers to do the same), subject to certain exceptions.
RIGHT TO OPT OUT
You may have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information as defined by the CCPA. You may exercise your right to opt-out by clicking on "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" in the footer of any Colorescience.com webpage.
You may have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights listed above.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Users of our Website that are California residents may be permitted to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. This request is free and may be made once a year.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which we collect and uses your information described above, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us as follows:
- Send us an email at PrivacyRequest@colorescience.com
- Submit a request to exercise your right through our "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" link in the footer of any Colorescience.com webpage.
- Write us at our address listed on our webpage.
- Through the following phone number: 866-426-5673