Products Other Customers Love Other Products
HOW DOES ANTI-PIGMENTATION CREAM WORK?
Most pigmentation creams for the face include one or more vitamins such as vitamin C, E, A, and B12. Vitamin C helps treat hyperpigmentation because it prevents melanin production while vitamin A can help even out your skin tone.
Vitamin E and C are essential for those who suffer from melasma because they promote skin vitality. In cases where skin discoloration is caused by a vitamin B12 deficiency, increasing your intake, or applying it topically may be beneficial. However, before you add any supplements to your diet, you should always consult your physician first.
WHAT IS THE BEST CREAM FOR HYPERPIGMENTATION?
To find the best anti-pigmentation cream for your complexion, you should first look at the ingredient label of the product formula. Whenever you apply something onto your delicate skin, it’s important to choose products formulated to the highest degree, free of any harsh additives and cheap fillers.
Colorescience offers the best pigmentation cream for skin that appears dark or brown due to long term UV exposure within our line of EVEN UP® treatments.
EVEN UP® CLINICAL PIGMENT PERFECTOR® SPF 50 – This pigmentation cream contains a blend of advanced ingredients that are clinically proven to address brown spots caused by sun damage with immediate and long-lasting results:
- LUMIRA® Skin Brightening Complex is our proprietary formula that’s highly effective at diffusing the appearance of skin discoloration.
- VITAL ET™, a bioavailable form of vitamin E, is included to provide antioxidant support and calm skin both before and after UV exposure.
- VENUCEANE is a powerful marine extremozyme that helps to balance melanin and enhance the skin natural barrier to defend against infrared light.
- REVINAGE, a natural botanical extract, is added to our anti-pigmentation cream due to its ability to even out skin tone by diffusing the appearance of discoloration.
- UNILUCENT PA-13 is another bioactive complex that brightens skin and minimizes darkness.
EVEN UP® pigmentation cream for the face is slightly tinted to instantly buff away the appearance of stubborn brown spots, and it pairs perfectly beneath foundation. It also contains sunscreen that’s critical to prevent sun damage from worsening, so you can protect your skin’s vitality while healing it at the same time.
We also offer an EVEN UP® Corrective Kit for Pigmentation that provides a complete skin care regimen to treat dark or uneven tones for the most effective results.
WHAT IS THE BEST PIGMENTATION CREAM FOR UNEVEN SKIN TONE?
If you battle a blotchy complexion with patches of redness, then our ALL CALM® CLINICAL REDNESS CORRECTOR SPF 50 is a 3-in-1 pigmentation cream made with our proprietary formula, which is packed with powerful ingredients to correct uneven tone, protect skin, and address your concern.
- BioSolace™ is our patent-pending blend of ingredients that helps provide ongoing relief from skin sensitivity while reducing the appearance of redness.
- NIACINAMIDE, also known as vitamin B3, has soothing properties, aids the skin cell barrier, balances sebum production, minimizes blotchiness, and improves the appearance of facial imperfections.
- SYMRELIEF this advanced ingredient within our skin pigmentation cream combines ginger extract with nature’s equivalent to bisabolol to shield skin from daily aggressions and reduces sensitivities.
- MAXNOLIA, based on magnolia bark extract, hydrates skin and balances redness.
- CM GLUCAN-FORTE, a derivative of baker’s yeast, works to calm irritated skin, reduce dryness, and increase moisture retention with improved barrier functioning.
- NATIVE ESSENCE™ is another specialty ingredient included in the Colorescience anti-pigmentation cream that’s extracted from sea fennel, a marine plant with unique survival capabilities, to restore water balance and improve skin radiance.
The ALL CALM® cream for pigmentation is also lightly tinted; we recommend applying a few dabs prior to applying your makeup primer for sensitive skin. Its formula contains subtle undertones of green that neutralize redness while mineral sunscreen prevents further inflammation. You can also shop the ALL CALM® Corrective Kit for Redness, for a customized skin care regimen that’s designed to address conditions commonly associated with redness and sensitivity.
WHY IS MY SKIN TONE UNEVEN?
There are many possible explanations for why you may be experiencing uneven skin tone, so it’s important to identify specific symptoms that can help you choose the best anti-pigmentation cream to treat the root of the problem.
Sunspots, for example, are the result of hyperpigmentation which occurs when skin cells produce too much melanin—the dark pigment responsible for the tanning of skin that acts as the body’s natural defense to ultraviolet radiation. When exposed to UV light, skin tissue increases its production of melanocytes (the cells that make melanin); if this happens regularly, melanin can go unchecked and result in brown patches of cells that do not fade away as a typical tan would.
Rosacea is sometimes confused for hyperpigmentation because it causes the skin to appear red or flushed. While it is not caused by the same underlying problem, some of the same treatments may be useful. You can use medication, undergo a procedure, or use rosacea face cream to soothe sensitivities, calm flare-ups, and balance skin tone.
If you have melasma, which are large grey or dark patches that often develop during pregnancy or when using hormonal oral contraceptives, you can use anti-pigmentation cream with lightening topicals or corticosteroids for an effective treatment. However, it might clear up on its own when you’re no longer pregnant or change contraceptives.
To treat the area under your eye, dark circle cream is likely the best solution to target this specific instance of discoloration. Our gentle hyperpigmentation creams use natural ingredients to safely brighten and rejuvenate your under-eyes and other sensitive areas.
Many products can help you manage hyperpigmentation, although it could require a combination of solutions to keep skin discoloration under control. Colorescience’s anti-pigmentation creams are backed with clinically proven results, but you may need to visit a dermatologist if your condition does not improve or worsens.
WILL MY PIGMENTATION GO AWAY?
It depends on the underlying skin condition at hand. While you cannot necessarily remove hyperpigmentation permanently, there are ways to manage it. Your dermatologist can also evaluate your skin and create a personalized treatment plan based on your skin type and other considerations to help you address hyperpigmentation as quickly as possible.
In addition to using an anti-pigmentation cream, you’ll want to take preventive measures to protect your skin and stop your condition from worsening. Sun exposure can contribute to pigmentation issues because it triggers melanin production, so you should always protect your complexion if you’re planning on being exposed to UV light for 15 minutes or more.
ARE PIGMENTATIONS CREAMS SAFE TO USE?
When browsing pigmentation creams for your face, it’s important to read the formula label as not all are safe for use—especially if you have highly sensitive skin. It’s wise to avoid harsh chemicals such as bleaching agents that can trigger flare-ups and exacerbate skin conditions.
When choosing an anti-pigmentation cream as part of your regimen, it’s highly recommended that you select one that is good for your skin’s overall health. Colorescience offers organic skincare treatments that harness the power of all-natural ingredients to gently, but effectively, address uneven skin tone.
While skin discoloration may be new to you and cause you to feel understandably distressed, there are many ways to treat hyperpigmentation and likely one that will restore your skin to normal. Colorescience is the leader in healthy skin care and offers several pigmentation creams for your face that can help prevent, conceal, and manage your condition so you can look and feel your best.
Stay up to date with skin science and new releases