Collection and Use of Personal Information
In order to provide an efficient, meaningful and customized experience for you on the Services, we collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address and phone number
- Billing Information such as credit card number and billing address
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number and password
- Preferences Information such as product wish lists, marketing preferences, and order history
- Email addresses of friends or other people you would like us to contact
We may also obtain information about you from other sources, including commercially available sources, such as social media platforms, data aggregators and cooperatives and public databases. We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including the information you provide to us, with information we receive from third parties, information we automatically collect (as explained above) and information provided or collected offline including when you use the Services.
As is true of most websites and similar services, we automatically gather information about your computer or device from which you access the Services, such as your IP address, browser type, time and date of visit, referring/exit pages and operating system. We may log this information for system administration, order verification, internal marketing and system troubleshooting purposes.
We use the information we collect from you to:
- Fulfill your order
- Send you an order confirmation
- Send you requested product or service information
- Assess your needs to determine suitable products
- Send product updates or warranty information
- Respond to customer service requests and provide you with live support
- Administer your account
- Send you a newsletter and marketing communications
- Improve our Services and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based upon your interests
- Respond to your questions and concerns
We may also send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our Services are temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. We may also send you transactional communications related to orders you place through the Services. For instance, we may send you an email to confirm that we have received your order, to update you on your shipping and order status, or to answer questions you may have about your order. Generally, you may not opt-out of these service-related announcements or transactional communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you may request that Colorescience disable your account by contacting us at the address listed below, or by contacting the Colorescience Concierge team at https://www.colorescience.com/customer-service. Please clearly label the subject line "Corrections / Disabling Account."
Information Sharing (General)
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We do not sell your personal information to third parties, and we do not authorize the collection of our members' or visitors' personally identifiable information by any third parties for the third parties' use.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us in the operation of our Services or with our other business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. Such sharing includes:
sharing your billing and shipping information with payment processors such as Authorize.net and third-party logistics vendors that are assisting us in fulfilling orders you place through the Services,
sharing your personal information with third parties such as Crowdtwist, Inc. that assist us in maintaining and operating the Rewards Program, and
sharing your personal information with third parties such as media agencies or email service providers that are assisting us in sending direct marketing messages.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity, to investigate fraud or respond to a government request;
- as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process; or
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page or the size of an order placed on a certain date or other aggregated usage data) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user. If Colorescience engages in a joint promotion with an affiliate and/or partner, we may share your personal information with our affiliate and/or partner to be used in relation to the promotion, and you will have the opportunity to opt-out out of such promotional communications.
Information Sharing (Lasting Beauty Rewards)
- We may share the following information with “Colorescience Partners” (medical or other aesthetic practices carrying Colorescience products) for the purpose of enabling them to contact you, award points, and redeem coupons:
- Your points balance and length of time as a member
- Digital and in-office coupons that are either available or that have been already used
- Additionally, Colorescience Partners are permitted to redeem your points on your behalf, in exchange for an in-office coupon to be used with that partner.
- If you either registered for LBR at, or were awarded points by a Colorescience Partner, we may provide to that Colorescience Partner:
- Your contact details, which may include email address and phone number
- Your online and offline transactional history, including products previously purchased
- Colorescience will take reasonable measures to monitor and prevent abuse of this access, and will reverse transactions not authorized by you upon your request.
- Your mailing address, birthday, payment information, and other personal information other than 3.1 above will not be shared with Colorescience Partners.
Public Communications FeaturesFrom time to time you may be able to participate in certain activities on the Services, such as forums, reviews, user opinions, chat rooms or bulletin boards (“Public Communications Features”), which give you the opportunity to communicate with Colorescience and other users of the Services. Be aware that when you volunteer information or create a public profile in the course of your participation in our Public Communications Features, you are also agreeing to allow certain aspects of your personal information to be made public. This includes your username, any personal information or images that you add to your signature, or any data or other information, including personal information, which you otherwise post to the public using such Public Communications Features. You acknowledge and agree that Colorescience does not review, censor, or in any manner control the content of these Public Communications Features. Consequently, Colorescience has no liability or responsibility for information made available through these Public Communications Features and you will be liable to Colorescience for any liability that we incur as a result of any information submitted by you in or through the Public Communications Features.
Web Tracking Technologies
Our Services contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
We may use a third party to gather information about how you and others use our Services. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our Services are used.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We will not store your complete credit card information on our servers, but will only use an incomplete identifier (e.g., last four digits of your credit card number) to identify your Account. Any complete credit card information you choose to store in connection with your Account will be stored by our third party payment processing service providers such as Authorize.net.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Targeted Advertising (also known as online behavioral advertising) uses information collected on an individual's web browsing behavior such as the pages they have visited or the searches they have made. We may work with third parties by placing or accessing cookies in your browser when you visit this, or other, websites and thus being able to better serve you relevant, targeted advertising to you based on your viewing history.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may request information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, or to choose to opt out of such disclosure. To make such a request, please write to us at the address below.
We do not intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are under the age of thirteen (13) you should not register, order, purchase or provide information to or from Colorescience. If you have knowledge that a child under the age of thirteen (13) has submitted Personal Information to us, please email us and we will remove that child's personal information from our files.
Correction to Your Personal Information or Disabling Your Account
You can (a) access, correct, or update your Personal Information, and/or (b) disable your online account to prevent any future purchases through that account. You can make these requests by contacting us at the address listed below, or by contacting the Colorescience Concierge team at https://www.colorescience.com/customer-service. Please clearly label the subject line "Corrections / Disabling Account." Do not email us your credit card information.
2141 Palomar Airport Road, Suite #200
Carlsbad, CA 92011
©2017 Colorescience, Inc. All Rights Reserved.